AAAL GSC Sub-committees applications open!
Time & Location
About the Event
The Graduate Student Council (GSC) is the student body of the American Association for Applied Lingusitics (AAAL) that serves as a bridge between the graduate students in the filed of applied linguistics and the AAAL. GSC serves the following purposes:
- support the professional development and personal well-being of AAAL graduate student members individually;
- build a strong community of AAAL graduate student members collectively; and
- conduct outreach and advocacy on behalf of AAAL graduate student members within and beyond the discipline of applied linguistics.
Currently the GSC has a number of positions vacant for the four sub-committees for the 2021-2022 term (March to March). Members typically serve for a full year with a possibility of extension in the same or different position for up to three years.
The four sub-committees are:
- Diversity Sub-Committee,
- Social Media Sub-Committee,
- Event Planning Sub-Committee, and
- Newsletter editorial team
In the application forms, you will read more about each subcommittee's responsibilities and tasks.