Five Fun Facts About the Conference
Whether this is your first time at the conference or if you are a seasoned veteran, we are providing you with some information about the upcoming conference.
Did you know?????
1) Prior to 1990, AAAL met jointly with the Linguistic Society of America (LSA). The first joint conference took place in Boston, Massachusetts in December 1978.
2) Looking ahead, AAAL’s future locations will be Atlanta, Georgia from March 9-12, 2019, and Denver, Colorado from March 28-31, 2020.
3) AAAL is coordinating schedules again this year with TESOL. This year, TESOL again follows the AAAL conference and will be held from March 27-30, 2018.
4) Embracing diversity of the field, this year’s conference does not have a theme.
5) There will be two AAAL conference orientation sessions for newcomers. One session will occur on the evening of Friday, March 23rd and the other during mid-morning on Saturday, March 24th. In addition, there are numerous opportunities for graduate students, such as the social in the lobby on Friday evening.
*All information provided was obtained from www.aaal.org