Maximizing Your Time at the Conference
Updated: Oct 18, 2019
The AAAL 2019 conference is almost here!As you are preparing for this exciting time, AAAL GSC would like to provide some tips to help you in navigating the conference:
1. If yo u have not downloaded the AAAL 2019 Conference app, please go to the following link to access. The conference app is a great way to inform yourself of any sessions that you would like to attend and to start building a schedule for when you arrive at the conference.
2. In addition to the app, the AAAL website offers a schedule of events (https://www.aaal.org/aaal-2019-con). The schedule of events provides an overview of everything that will be going on at the conference.
3. There is also a searchable schedule (https://aaal.confex.com/aaal/2019/meetingapp.cgi), that you can use to search by day, time, person, strand, and session type. For concurrent and poster sessions, click on presentation titles to access abstracts and available handouts. Be sure to log in prior to adding sessions so that you will not lose your schedule.
4. Now, after you’ve either downloaded the app to your phone or utilized the searchable schedule, the question remains how to choose between sessions. A possible strategy is to search by your research interests as this will provide you access to scholars in the field who may conduct work similar to yours. As we mentioned in the post about networking and in our webinar, this can be a way to foster your connections with others. However, you might like to step out your comfort zone and attend sessions on topics you would like to learn about. As we are a community, attending sessions of your colleagues who do not reside in the same area can help to broaden your experience at the conference.
5. Check out our resources for preparing for the conference that include our recent webinar and the videos on our Youtube channel.
Check out the next conference call. https://www.aaal.org/news/2020-call-for-proposals